1.04.2013

Girls, What's My Weakness?

Here I go, here I go, here I go again. Girls, what's my weakness? Men!?

Nah, sugar and shopping for me.
I don't really participate in the resolution charade, but something is different for me this year.

I've been going through some tough stuff and it's starting to show. The way I eat, the stress I feel, all of it shows through my skin. I've always had super sensitive skin. I also have the biggest sweet tooth, and I love to bake. I love to eat my baked goods, and I L O V E to eat. Do you see the cycle here?

I'm always thinking about what my next meal/snack will be. My husband says I'm like an infant, constantly eating. Over the holidays I ate more sugary sweets than normal, and my skin is paying the price. I look like a friggin' meth addict over here. My motto has always been having a holistic diet instead of extreme dieting. I'm always tired and lethargic, and something had to give.

I started researching online about detoxing my blood to remove all the refined sugar. The best method I found when reading was Juliette's 7-Day Detox Plan, holla holla! It's not extreme, like I wont be passing out anytime soon from drinking only cayenne pepper water for seven days.

Today is day one, and I'm feeling pretty dang good. I'm halfway through the day and I've had plenty of water to drink, a giant fruit and spinach smoothie, two cuties, and asparagus cooked in olive oil. I haven't felt a huger pang yet! I have a feeling it's going to hit me soon, so wish me luck!

For now, here are photos from my babies turning one and three. I decided to push their party back till after the holidays are over so more birthday partying to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment