1.25.2013

Blazer & Sequins

If you can just completely ignore the weird pissed look on my face, I'd appreciate it. It was frigid outside, and difficult to smile. It happens, I swear.

With Valentine's just around the corner, I love pulling out my pastels, pinks, purples, etc. Brightening the hideous month of February with colors like this feels therapeutic. 

So, this dress...I came across it browsing Target's clearance months and months ago, and as it often is with clearance items, the price tag drew me in. Normally I wouldn't have even given it a second thought, but just noticing that it was originally $70 and then marked down to $9 grabbed my attention. Damn clearance always duping me. 

I threw it in my cart and figured I would probably end up ditching it before check out. Well I eventually threw it on in the dressing room and was surprised to see it wasn't hideous. The length was acceptable, and it had some serious potential. It wasn't until I tried it on months later that I was stumped as to how to wear it. It has a sweatheart neckline with spaghetti straps, so figuring out how to cover up the top part was difficult. 

Enter Meagan. If ever in a wardrobe crisis...this girl can rescue you, no problem! She told me to throw a sweater over top and wear it as a skirt, with a silent "duh" at the end. And as it always is with her fashion advice, we came out with a win! 






Sweater: Forever 21 - $23 | Blazer: Gap - $30 | Sequin Dress: Target - $9 | Tights: Forever 21 - $7 | Shoes: Forever 21 - $28 | Cuff: Forever 21 - $7

5 comments:

  1. WHAT AN UNUSUAL AND COOL OUTFIT!!!TOTALLY LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the blazer!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for following us! we really appreciate it!
    following you back, via bloglovin
    thanks for your comment on our blog.
    hope you still in touch.

    http://theduplicity.blogspot.pt/

    with love,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! Awesome location.
    Thanks for stopping by Infinite Style.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete